We don’t just welcome guest posts for use on our website, we encourage them.
If you are a part time blogger, experienced writer, a graduate, industry leader or an opinionated African who is looking to showcase your work to a wider audience, then we will consider your articles for publication on our site.
All we ask is that the article is original (i.e. not published anywhere else, excluding your own website), that it is of high quality and is between 750 – 1,500 words in length.
Our full set of guidelines is below.
Please remember the following:
- In exchange for writing for our website, we will happily include your biography details (photo, name and overview) similar to below.
- We give preference to writers of African descent based on the continent and abroad, but we are open to articles from anyone so long as they meet our editorial standards and topics
- We don’t usually publish conventional news. We mostly publish news analysis, opinion pieces, features, reviews and essays. We also publish investigations, interviews, listicles, photo essays and some other formats like videos and podcasts.
- Our readers are primarily the African Diaspora, but we also have thousands of readers on the continent of Africa. Our audience is a diverse group of people who primarily identify as pan-African.
- We cover all kinds of topics including politics and power, social issues, economics and technology, development, gender issues, the environment and arts and culture.
- Check, double-check and triple-check your facts. Include hyperlinks to other sources. Speak to people to verify things or draw on their expertise.
What We Will Do For You
Every article or blog post that we upload to our website is shared on our social media channels including: Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, Twitter and LinkedIn. This means that your creative work will reach a broader audience.
Guest Writing Guidelines
Please read the following guest writer guidelines before submitting an article for review:
- Provide an engaging title/headline
- Please split your content up with relevant sub-headings
- Use short paragraphs so that it is easy to read
- Must be original and written in proper English
- Must be between 750 – 1,500 words in length
- Is not sarcastic, have polarizing views or be negative
- If you include images or videos within the article, they must be high quality and with copyright approval (please supply proof of this)
- Include references to any data, statistics or research that you use (including hyperlinks to the source)
How To Submit Your Article?
Please email your article (word or PDF format) to us at email@example.com and include the following items:
- Article title/headline
- Article content
- Any photos/videos included in your article
- Your biography with links to your social media profiles
Or use the upload form below.
We do not pay for articles or accept payment for posting articles on our website. Please do not ask us to accept payment for links in your article.
We periodically check the articles submitted and published on our website. If we find that your article has been posted elsewhere, we may remove it from our website.
By submitting an article, you agree to us using it on our website (with any editorial amends we deem suitable) and you will not claim for payment or copyright infringement now or in the future. Finally, when the article is published on our website, it is then owned by us and you are not permitted to re-publish the article without our prior written approval.
Please log in to submit content!